A freelance “permit” is a license issued by the Government to individuals sponsored by their spouses/parents. With this option, you only need the permit to work as a freelancer as you will already have a sponsored visa. This permit is renewable each year.
If you are not sponsored by any family member you need an individual freelance visa and work permit. A freelance visa gives you full residency so you can live and operate within the country. This type of visa is renewable every 2 years.
Nevertheless, you can only apply for a freelance visa if your work includes providing services rather than trading goods. Some examples of these services are:
• Media: actors, audio and sound engineer, brand consultant, choreographer, content providers, creative directors, copywriters, event planners, etc.
• Education. This applies to executive coaches, researchers, education advisors, eLearning advisors, and trainers.
• Technology: web, mobile, software development, and architecture freelancers, data science and analytics freelancers, IT and telecommunication freelancers, and customer service freelancers.
• Design: concept designers, costume designers, hairstylists, image consultants, make-up artists, jewelry designers, personal shoppers, object and textile designers, etc.
• Fitness sector: personal trainer, gym instructor, yoga instructor, lifestyle coach.