With Connect Freelance you acquire a Residence visa UAE easily, As long as you are 18 plus, you can avail of this visa without much of a hassle. There is no requirement for Background checks, no employer or sponsor required & no income proof required. All you need to do is fill up our contact form and we shall get back to you.
If you want to visit a country, you need a visa that allows you to enter and stay for a short period. In that case, you must apply for a tourist visa, regardless of the nation you come from, it can be Ukraine, for example. But, if you want to stay in the nation, you need a slightly longer stay permit. Individuals who want to immigrate to Dubai must start the process of acquiring a residence visa in the UAE.
In this article, we are going to give you all the information you need to know if you want to acquire a UAE residence visa. First of all, we want you to know what a residence visa is and all the types that exist. Secondly, you will see the entire process that you must go through in case you want to acquire it. Also, in case you have it and it is about to expire, we will show you what you must do to renew it.
- Do you know what is residence visa and the different types of it?
- Guide step-by-step about how to get a residence visa
- Learn the process of how to renew your long-stay visa before the expiration
- Do you want to get a freelance visa in the UAE? Contact Connect Freelance
1. Do you know what is residence visa and the different types of it?
A residency visa requires candidates aged 18 and above to pass a medical exam to demonstrate their medical fitness. They must also pass a security check and apply to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship for an Emirates ID card.
A UAE residence visa is a permit that allows foreign people to live in the UAE. The period in which this residence lasts can be extensive. Also, the visa can be valid for 2-3 years and even up to 10 years. We can find that this visa can be renewed as many times as the person needs and requests it.
Many international families who have lived in the emirates for generations only renew their visas regularly. As such, permanent residence in the UAE does not exist. Therefore, being a permanent resident in the UAE is simply having a visa stamp on your passport. In addition, he also lives constantly in this country.
In the UAE there are different types of residence visas and they are divided according to the purpose of the trip. Below we can see the different residence visas in the UAE and how to obtain them:
1.1 The work visa Dubai
If a foreign person wishes to live in the UAE long term, they will need to have a residence visa. In addition, if you want to be allowed to work you must also obtain a work permit for the UAE. However, before this, you will need an employer who is willing to hire you and begin the process necessary for you to obtain your work visa and work permit.
UAE work visas come with certain specific rules, to ensure that the rights of their workers are not violated. In this way, it becomes one of the best options to obtain a residence visa in the UAE.
1.2 The UAE student visa
Any foreign person who wants to study in the UAE will need to obtain a UAE student visa. However, they must first be accepted at one of the higher education institutions in the UAE. This is because it is the schools that are in charge of managing the entire student visa application process.
1.3 The UAE family visa
If a foreign person lives in the UAE and has a residence visa, they can bring their dependents. All this will be possible through the UAE family visa. However, not everyone will be able to bring their dependents, as certain requirements must be met to apply for a UAE family visa.
1.4 The UAE freelance visa
This visa is a document that is granted to the person who has the possibility of obtaining legal residence and working in the UAE. All this as completely autonomous workers. Also, this is one of the most popular visas among young people who want to work in the UAE. This is because they have much more flexible work hours while they can work on something they are passionate about.
1.5 The UAE Retirement visa
If you decide that retiring in the UAE is a good option, there is a visa to suit this. This is the UAE retirement visa. In 2018, the UAE government introduced a new visa that is only for retirees. It does not matter if they live abroad or are already in the UAE and reach the corresponding retirement age.
2. Guide step-by-step about how to get a residence visa
2.1 Who can apply for one of the UAE residence visas?
It should be noted that not all people have the possibility to start the process to obtain a UAE residence visa. Next, you will see the different UAE visa categories.
- Obtain a job in the United Arab Emirates, in a private company, or a government office (public companies).
- Study at a state-approved educational institution in the UAE.
- Get a sponsor who is a citizen or foreign resident in the UAE (parents, children, or close relatives).
- Make some investment in any sector in this country.
- Buy a property (apartment, house, or office) in this nation.
- Obtain retirement in the UAE.
2.2 Deliver documents
To apply for a residence visa in the UAE, you must have the following documents.
- The UAE visa application form, which you can get from an official typing center or via the internet.
- Present the original passport.
- Two passport-size photographs of the applicant following all the instructions imposed for visas in the UAE.
- Present the entry visa.
- Carry out the medical tests of physical aptitude and demonstrate the pass. In addition, you must show that you have a valid health insurance plan in the UAE.
- Present the legal residence of your sponsor or some proof that you are a citizen of the UAE.
- If you are going to apply for a family visa, you must show the family relationship between the family member and the applicant.
- If you are going to apply for a work visa, the sponsor must include photocopies of the business license of the company, a valid signature card, and the employment contract.
2.3 Application process for a residence visa in the UAE
The first step you must follow is to apply for an entry permit to the country because you need to be in the UAE to start the application process. This can be done through different means, online using the e Chanel ICA portal(ICA Smart Services) or through its applications. Also, if you wish, you can go to an AMER center and make your request in person.
Being in the territory of the United Arab Emirates, your sponsor must apply for your residence visa in the UAE, at the General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) of any emirate, where you are going to establish. Subsequently, you must pay the Dubai resident visa cost.
Finally, after it is approved, the GDRFA will proceed to place your residence visa in the UAE in your passport. In addition, they will send you an Emirates ID, which will be valid for the same time as the residence visa.
2.4 Cost of Residence Visa in Dubai
Before finally obtaining a residence visa in UAE, it is important that you pay the corresponding fees. These rates may vary depending on the duration that you request the long-stay permit. The one with the shortest duration is 1 year, and its cost is 100AED. There are also five and ten years.
In addition, a fee corresponding to the processing of the document must be paid. The cost of this fee varies depending on where you apply. Generally, the highest price you can get is AED 70 for people applying at an AMER center. If, on the other hand, you submit your application online, the cost is 40 AED.
Finally, there are additional costs that you must also pay; including fees for medical exams and premiums for the health insurance plan you choose. It is important to note that these rates may vary depending on whether the government implements changes.
- What is the UAE residence validity?
The validity of the residence visa in the UAE will depend on the reason for which you want to stay in this country. The options that exist are for 1, 2, or 3 years with the possibility of renewal. In addition, investment or retirement visas have the option of being issued for 5 or 10 years, also with the possibility of renewal.
3. Learn the process of how to renew your long-stay visa before the expiration
The process to renew your residence visa must be done by your sponsor within 30 days before it expires. However, the sponsor will also be able to renew their visa after its expiration date. This process can only be done if you are within the expiration grace period of your UAE residence visa.
The process to be able to renew your UAE residence visa is very similar to when you first obtained your visa. In this case, your sponsor must submit the application to the General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs in the corresponding emirate.
3.1 Grace period after the expiration of UAE residence visas
In the UAE, the authorities offer foreigners a 30-day grace period from the time their visa expires. In this way, even if your visa has expired, you will be able to stay for 30 more days. However, if you do not renew your visa by then, you will have to leave the country. If you want to return, you must enter with an entry permit.
3.2 What are the fees for an excessive stay in the UAE?
Below are the different fees for exceeding your residence visa in the UAE:
- The first 6 months or 180 days will be 25 AED for each day.
- The second 6 months or 180 more days will be 50 AED for each day.
- Every day after 1 year has passed, it will be 100 AED for every day.
3.3 If I leave the UAE for more than 6 months, what happens?
If you have a UAE residence permit and you leave the country for more than 6 months, your permit will lose its validity. Also, you will not be able to re-enter the country without applying for a new permit. For this case, your sponsor can once again request your name so that you can obtain a residence permit. The following categories are exempt from this 6-month residency rule:
- Golden visa holders and their family members (those 10-year visa holders).
- Those government employees who live outside the country for assignments or medical reasons.
- Investors who have a residence permit under an approved regime.
- The wife of a citizen who is an Emirati and sponsored by her husband.
- People who are sponsored by embassies or consulates of the UAE.
- International students who are enrolled abroad.
- Domestic employees who accompany their employers who are abroad.
4. Are you in the Requirement of a Residence Visa in UAE?
With Connect Freelance you can acquire a Residence visa UAE easily, As long as you are 18 plus, you can avail of this visa without much of a hassle. There is no requirement for Background checks, no employer or sponsor required & no income proof required. All you need to do is fill up our contact form and we shall get back to you.
To have access to a freelance visa or the work visa, you must have a job in the UAE. This may seem like a difficult task, but there is a viable solution and it is entering The Talent Point. On this website, they offer you many job options so you can choose the one you prefer. If you want more information about our services, do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.