Professionals looking to apply for a Dubai working visa must first obtain a residence visa. If you wish to achieve this, you must provide certain documents and complete a few processes. On Connect Freelance, we help you learn how you can easily process your application, and more.
In this article, you will discover everything related to the Dubai working visa. Find out the necessary documents you must gather, processing time and fees, and how you can benefit from working in this location. Let us discuss:
- What is a Dubai working visa?
- Procedure for obtaining a residence visa
- Procedure for obtaining the work visa
- Documents required for a working visa
- How can we help you to get a Dubai working visa?
1. What is a Dubai working visa?
A Dubai work permit is an official document that allows a person to hold a job legally in this emirate. This permit also allows minors to work within the child labor laws of the country. However, to legally work as a foreigner, you must provide the necessary documents and pay certain fees in order to get approval and subsequently, your permit.
The Dubai work visa is a requirement for every foreign citizen who wants to stay in the UAE for work purposes. To summarize, the main things you must take care of are the following:
- You will need to find an employer willing to hire you.
- You must start the necessary documents to obtain your UAE work visa.
This Dubai work permit comes with certain rules and regulations to protect the legal rights of employees. In other words, they ensure that employees do not have to face any misbehavior or improper treatment by their superiors. You should read this article to learn about the skills UAE-based companies are looking for. If you do not consider finding an employer viable, you can always look for other freelance options.
On the other hand, if what you want is to live in Dubai without committing to a job, a long-term residence visa is what you need. There is plenty of information available on this matter in our insights section.
1.1 Categories of working visas in Dubai
Before obtaining a permit to work in Dubai, foreigners will require a visa to enter the UAE. There are several types of visas and entry permits the UAE issues to foreigners, namely.
- Tourist visas
- Entry permit visas
- Student visas
- Medical treatment visas
- Multiple entry visas
- Visitor visas
Note that foreigners planning to get the right to live and work in Dubai should begin the process by obtaining an entry visa.
1.2 Dubai work visa rules
Companies must fulfill certain conditions to start employing professionals:
- To start hiring employees, the employee must be at least 18 years of age.
- The company must have a valid license for hiring employees.
- Companies must not violate any rules and regulations from the local authorities.
- The employee’s skills must be sympathetic to the culture of the company.
- All foreign nationals over 18 years of age can work in the UAE. The only requirement is that they comply with all the rules and regulations of the MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation). No maximum age limit exists for getting a job in Dubai. However, for employees over 65 years of age, the hiring company will pay higher rates.
2.2 Foreign employees classify into the following categories based on their academic qualifications
- Those with a degree.
- Those with a high school diploma.
- Those with a diploma.
2.3 Getting a work visa for Dubai
Your employer has to obtain the work visa on your behalf. MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation) has the authority for issuing the work permit. This is the process of applying for a work permit in simple stages:
- The work permit application form is printed by the employer on the MoHRE online portal.
- File the required documents as mentioned above.
- The ministry will review the documents and ask to resubmit the wrong ones. You can easily correct the errors.
- Once the ministry issues the approval, the employer can download it from the website of the ministry.
Once the Dubai work visa is approved, it can be used as an entry permit into the country. It is possible to enter the UAE upon obtaining employment in the nation. Also, this work permit is effective for one month and may also be extended. The individual gets 60 days stay in Dubai and their employer has to provide the residency visa within this period.
Note that the process for getting a Dubai employment visa starts only after the individual has arrived in the nation. In addition, you can always contact Connect Freelance for more information.
3. Procedure for obtaining a residence visa
The first step to take is to apply for a residence visa. Without a residence visa, the work visa applicant will not be able to obtain its permit. So, after obtaining a residence visa, you must undergo a medical examination. To complete the issuance of the residence permit, you must provide a valid health certificate. It is important to note that you can request this health examination at any government hospital in the country.
3.1 Health requirements
The physical examination includes tests such as a chest x-ray and several blood tests to detect, if applicable, specific communicable conditions such as:
If the results of these tests are positive, the residence visa will not receive approval. This leads to an immediate expulsion from the country. There is currently no appeal in this case in Dubai.
4. Procedure for obtaining the work visa
Once the person has passed the medical procedures, he/she will receive authorization for the residence visa and then must follow the steps for the work visa. We will take a look at it:
The earliest step is to get approval from the Dubai Ministry of Labor. Usually, the endorsement comes before the individual settles in the land and the checks usually deal with specific legal requirements and other essentials.
Once approval is received, the individual obtains an entry permit and enters the country. The entry permit has a two-month validity, which can be extended twice.
Next, application procedures for this type of visa are initiated, and the individual must enlist to obtain a work card. Generally, a period of 60 days is given in which all fees, checks, and legal procedures must be completed.
The individual will obtain a fully authorized and officially verified working permit or visa in 8 to 10 working days.
If you consider that this process is not meant for you, you can turn your profession into a freelance career in the UAE. Find out how by reading this article. It is easy to find freelance jobs in the Emirates!
5. Documents required for a working visa
Below is the list of the necessary materials that are required to be submitted to obtain a work visa in Dubai:
- Dubai residency visa.
- Valid passport
- Photographs of the applicant.
- Valid health certificate.
- Certificates of studies and other proof of professional qualifications related to the job.
- Once applied, the status of the visa application can be checked.
- 3 copies of the employment contract: one copy for the employer, another for the employee, and a third one for the Ministry of Labor.
- Valid business license from the sponsoring company.
The process is not precisely easy, and involves many procedures that must be carefully completed. On Connect Freelance, we are ready to assist you as soon as you request it.
6. Frequently asked questions
The following are some frequently asked questions we consider you may find interesting regarding this visa:
- How long does it take to obtain a work permit in the UAE?
After complete submission of the documents, it usually takes about 5 business days for the MoHRE to expedite the issuance of the work permit.
- What is the validity of the UAE work permit?
The work permit, when you first receive it, is valid for 30 days. Then, you can request a 30-day extension. This allows you a total of 60 days of stay in the country. During this time, you and your employer must make the necessary arrangements for a residency visa. This, in addition to getting your Emirates ID, and your Labor Card.
The residence visa and Labor Card together allow you to live and work legally in the UAE. UAE residency visas are issued for 1, 2, or 3 years, depending on the reason for your travel and the discretion of the UAE authorities.
- How do I obtain a UAE work visa?
Once your UAE work permit is approved, it works as an entry permit, enabling you to enter the UAE for work purposes. It is valid for 30 days and can be extended once, giving you a maximum stay of 60 days. The procedure for the UAE employment visa starts only after you enter the country.
The importance of the work permit lies mainly in the possibility to use it to enter the UAE to work with an established company. Thanks to its duration, it is not difficult for the employer to process your residence visa.
- What is the procedure for obtaining a UAE employment visa?
As we mentioned, after entering the UAE with the approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, your employer has to apply for a residence visa. This application takes place at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) of the emirate where you intend to work.
Upon approval of your application, the GDRFA will stamp an employment visa (residency visa for employment purposes) in your passport. Then, you will receive an Emirates ID. In addition, you will get your Labor Card, which informs the authorities that you have permission to work in the UAE.
Please note the following:
- The only agency responsible for stamping your employment visa is the GDRFA.
- The Emirates ID is one of the most important documents you must hold.
- Without the Labor Card, you will not be able to practice.
7. How can we help you get a Dubai working visa?
As we explained, any foreigner intending to live in Dubai over a long-term period must have a Dubai residency permit. However, to start this process, the first step is to find a job in a local company. There are many ways to find employers looking for foreign talent in the country. Then, we recommend that you receive assistance from an authorized visa services company. On Connect Freelance, we ensure that visa applicants in the UAE can easily get their permit to enter/live in the nation.
It is important to note that those looking forward to work on a freelance work permit only need to provide a few documents. For example, proof of income, as well as prove their knowledge on any of the freelance activities they dedicate themselves to. We can also make this process simpler at affordable rates.
In conclusion, you can easily get through this process with the guidance of our team. In this way, you will not be at higher risk of facing a visa denial or any further complications that could make you lose this opportunity. So, do not wait any longer to register or log in!
Start this journey today and partner with a group of immigration experts that understand your requirements on Connect Freelance. We enable you to grow professionally in one of the world’s most developed nations: the United Arab Emirates. By contacting us, you can make this possible! Call us at+971 43 316 688 and tell us all your questions and concerns. We are more than glad to help you. In addition, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a more extensive answer at any time. Check our terms and conditions.
To get a Dubai working visa, you must first find an employer in the country. You can now apply for diverse job offers in the UAE on thetalentpoint.com easily and effectively. Not only does this platform help you find the opportunity of your dreams, but you can also get the best tips to succeed during your job hunting journey. In addition, get in touch with our best recruiters by sending your CV to email@example.com. We are working hard for you!